Looking for the perfect dessert to celebrate spring? These light and fluffy strawberry shortcake cookies will do just the trick. Not only are these cookies delicious, but they’re also healthier than your average cookie option, replacing regular sugar with Purecane™ Calorie-Free Baking Sweetener.
This recipe, reproduced here with permission, has a whole cup of fresh strawberries, taking them to the next level. Between the sweetness of Purecane sweetener and the fresh, juicy strawberries, you’ll forget there’s no regular sugar in these gems. Plus, the addition of lemon juice also adds that kick of freshness and burst of flavor to really round out this dessert. For more cookie recipes, check out 33+ Best Healthy Cookie Recipes for Weight Loss.
you will need
For the cookies:
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup melted butter (may contain vegan butter)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup Purecane™ No Calorie Baking Sweetener
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
For the icy drizzle:
1/4 cup Purecane™ Confectionery Sweetener
1-2 tsp almond milk
How to do it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the bottom of a cake tin with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients: egg, lemon juice, melted butter, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk until well blended.
- Once combined, add Purecane™ No Calorie Baking Sweetener, flour, baking powder and salt and mix with a rubber spatula until a soft dough begins to form. Stir in chopped strawberries and mix until well incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out two spoonfuls and place directly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 minutes. While the cookies are baking, prepare your frosting. Mix almond milk and Purecane™ Confectioner Sweetener until desired consistency is achieved (the more almond milk you add, the runnier the icing). Pour over cookies and enjoy!
Eat this, not that! Editors
Inspired by The New York Times bestselling book series, Eat this, not that! is a brand made up of an award-winning team of certified journalists and experts, doctors, nutritionists, chefs, personal trainers and dietitians who work together to bring you accurate, timely, informative and actionable content about the world. diet, nutrition, diet, weight loss, health, wellness, etc. Read more