Meet the parents of Wednesday Addams: Catherine Zeta-Jones and Luis Guzmán flank their TV daughter as Morticia and Gomez in a new image from Tim Burton’s upcoming live-action Netflix series. The first photo also features Isaac Ordonez as Wednesday’s brother, Pugsley.
With Jenna Ortega (YOU, Jane the Virgin) as the main character, Wednesday is described as a “supernaturally infused, detective mystery” that centers on the death-obsessed teenager during her years as a student at the bizarre Nevermore Academy. The eight-episode series, directed by Burton and created by Al Gough and Miles Millar (Smallville), will follow Wednesday’s attempts to “tame his emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled his parents 25 years ago — all while navigating his highly tangled new relationships. with the odd and diverse student body,” according to the official synopsis.
More from TVLine
Ready for some newer nuggets? Good…
* Premium Video Dr Seuss Cooking Challenge – which is on track for a winter premiere, and that’s exactly what it sounds like – brought in Tamera Mowry-Housley to host, while acclaimed pastry chef Clarice Lam and accomplished pastry chef/pastry chef Joshua John Russell will serve as judges.
* Alan Cumming comedy special Club Cumming presents a queer comedy extravaganza will premiere Friday, September 2 at 10/9c on Showtime.
* The Rich Eisen Show will move from Peacock to The Roku Channel, where it will air live five days a week from noon to 3 p.m. ET, starting in September, the Sports Business Journal reports. Until then, the program will be broadcast on Eisen’s official YouTube channel, starting August 22.
*Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy), Nick Nolte (Warrior, Graves), Charles Melton (Riverdale) and Tim Blake Nelson (watchmen) have joined Rian Johnson’s mystery series Peacock Poker faceour sister site Variety reports.
* Tubi has the green light breaking bearan adult animated series that follows three bear siblings who decide they need to start dealing drugs in order to raise money and save their home after gas companies start fracking next door their cave.
* Apple TV+ released a trailer for sydney, a documentary produced by Oprah Winfrey and directed by Reginald Hudlin, honoring the late Sidney Poitier’s legacy as an actor, filmmaker and activist. It will premiere in select theaters and globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 23.
Which of today’s TVLine articles piques your interest?
The best of TVLine
Get more from TVLine.com: Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Newsletter
Click here to read the full article.