Sorry chocolate chip, but if I had to pick one cookie that was my all-time favorite, it would be snickerdoodles, or as I like to call them, my grandma’s cinnamon cookies. I like to make them bigger and undercooked just a bit, so they stay ooey and gooey.
This snickerdoodle cookie recipe is what you need while you sip that tea, coffee, or milk. One bite and you’ll be hooked.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour cooling
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes plus 1 hour to relax
Here’s how you make them:
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Put in the refrigerator and let cool for about an hour.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for garnish. Put aside.
- Roll the cooled dough into balls then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake on cookie sheets in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 9-12 minutes, depending on the size you made. Touch the tops to test for doneness (they should still be a little soft). DO NOT OVERCOOK!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.