1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large bowl to mix the ingredients: flour, almonds, cloves, ground ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and white pepper. To mix them, whisk carefully.
3. In a separate bowl, take the white and brown sugars, butter, almond extract and, using a mixer, mix them until you get a light and smooth paste.
4. In this mixture, add an egg and beat it until everything seems combined. When done, add the molasses, ginger (fresh grated, diced and candied ginger) to the mixture.
5. Slowly add the flour to the mixture and continue mixing until the entire mixture is combined.
6. Store the dough in the refrigerator and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. In a bowl (preferably shallow), add a cup of sugar and use a cookie scoop to get the cookie dough evenly sized into mounds.
8. When you get the desired proportion, roll into balls and coat them with sugar. Place the dough (medium size) on the baking sheet with a space of about 3 inches.
9. Take the slivered almonds and press them over the top of each dough with your finger or a measuring cup to flatten them slightly.
10. On the middle rack, place the baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes.
11. When finished, immediately remove it from the oven and let it cool for 6-7 minutes. Serve with milk, tea or coffee.