Halloween treats and movies go hand in hand when spooky season arrives. One of the most classic Halloween movies that come to mind is Hocus Pocus by the Sanderson Sisters! So why not indulge in Halloween treats inspired by them?
Every season when Nestlé releases hocus pocus cookies, people go crazy to get their hands on them. The madness of these cookies is understandable because they turn out so delicious. However, you don’t need to run to the store to buy these cookies because you can easily make them at home.
It’s super easy to do, and you really don’t have to stand to get them from outside. Hocus pocus cookies are made from simple ingredients. These include M&M’s to represent the colors worn by the Sanderson sisters, then come flour, pumpkin spice, peanut butter, sugar and oats.
If you’ve been a fan of the Sanderson sisters, you know their favorite colors are yellow, orange and purple. However, since you can’t buy these colors together in a bag, you can buy the different colors by the pound or make your own Hocus Pocus-themed M&Ms on their website.
If you’ve woken up in the morning craving hocus pocus cookies, you can make them in an hour, using the recipe below, any time of the year. So come on, let’s check out this delicious hocus pocus cookie recipe that will leave you in awe of your baking skills.
What equipment will you need to make Hocus Pocus cookies?
- Oven- You will need an oven to bake the cookies.
- Hob – A baking sheet is needed to line the cookie dough for baking.
- Silicone mat or parchment paper- A silicone mat or parchment paper will keep your cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to prepare the cookie dough.
- Electric mixer – An electric mixer will help you mix all the ingredients.
- Cookie scoop – A cookie scoop will be needed to divide the cookie dough proportionately.
- Cooling rack – Finally, you’ll need a cooling rack to cool the cookies before you bite them.
How long will you need to make Hocus Pocus cookies?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||35 Minutes||45 minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need to Make Hocus Pocus Cookies
- Old fashioned oats – The oats will give your cookies a crunch and make the base with the flour.
- All purpose flour – Flour is the basic ingredient to which you will add all the other ingredients.
- Baking soda – Baking soda helps make cookies light and fluffy.
- Butter – The butter will add richness and tenderness to the cookies.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter gives cookies the flavor they are known for.
- Salt – The salt will help bring out all the flavors.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – Pumpkin pie spice will add warmth to the cookies.
- Granulated sugar – The sugar will add sweetness to the cookies.
- brown sugar – The brown sugar will moisten the biscuit and make it soft.
- Egg – The egg helps bind all the ingredients together.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract provides the heavenly aroma that baked goods are known for.
- Mini chocolate chips – The chocolate chips will add a crunchy, chocolaty flavor to the cookies.
- M&M’s yellow, orange, purple – M&M’s are used to decorate cookies in the style of the Sanderson Sisters.
Steps to Make Hocus Pocus Cookies
1. Prepare the cookie dough
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Next, take the bowl of an electric mixer and beat together the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Now slowly beat the egg and vanilla extract. Take a large bowl and stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, mini chocolate chips, and pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Stir this mixture into the butter mixture.
2. Bake the cookies
Now your cookie dough is ready. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto your baking sheet. Once done, press 5-6 different colored M&Ms onto each cookie dough. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges seem set and the center is a little moist. Remove the baking sheet and transfer the cookies to the cooling rack after 5 minutes.
|Vitamin A||146 IU|
What will the Hocus Pocus cookie look and taste like?
The Hocus Pocus cookies are absolutely gorgeous and taste divine. They have a chewy and crunchy texture and are a perfect Halloween item to impress any guests. Go ahead and bake those cookies and let me know all the compliments you received in the comment sections.
Hocus Pocus Cookies Recipe
Halloween is right around the corner and Hocus Pocus cookies are perfect for sweet treats. Take a look at this wonderful recipe and make your celebrations grander.
Silicone mat or parchment paper
- 11/2 Chopped off Old fashioned oats
- 11/2 Chopped off All purpose flour
- 1/2 Chopped off Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Chopped off brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 Chopped off Butter
- 1/2 Chopped off Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Chopped off Mini chocolate chips
- 1 Cup M&M’s
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Now slowly add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, baking soda, salt, mini chocolate chips and pumpkin pie spice. Stir these dry ingredients into the butter mixture until combined.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out eight cookies, spacing them two inches apart. Press 5-6 chocolate candies onto each pile of cookie dough.
Now bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are set. But the center should be a little moist. At this point, the cookies will look very chewy. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
calories: 180calories | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Big: teng | Saturated fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 146UI | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | The iron: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are hocus pocus cookies?
Hocus Pocus cookies are Halloween themed cookies named after the Hocus Pocus movie. They are made with a base of peanut butter cookies and topped with M&M’s in specific colors inspired by the Sanderson Sisters.
What flavor is the Hocus Pocus cookie?
Hocus Pocus cookies are peanut butter cookies that come with the warmth of pumpkin pie spice representing the flavors of fall.
How long does it take to make Hocus Pocus cookies?
Hocus Pocus cookies are easy to make. These cookies can be made in an hour using a short list of ingredients.
I hope you enjoyed reading this fun Halloween cookie recipe as much as I shared it with all of you. Try this recipe and tell me your making experience. If you want to know more about these recipes, go to the recipes section of our website.