Last update: August 28, 2022, 5:01 PM HST
A birthday, a wedding, a graduation, a promotion or a good day calls for a cake. No celebration is complete without a cake, no matter how many different treats are out there. Nothing can beat the uniqueness and nostalgic feeling attached to cakes. It adds more happiness to the occasion, marks success and milestones, and makes a perfect gift to warm the celebrant’s heart.
A store-bought cake may look appealing and offer more color and variety, but nothing can match the fresh-baked aroma of cake. Baking a cake to perfection is no small feat. You need to beat it properly, the cake should rise properly and not fall apart, making sure it doesn’t overcook or burn from the top, to ensure smoothness. Baking a cake requires certain skills and a precise process.
BEST SHOWHA VIDEO
Here are some tips to help you be a good baker:
- Following the recipe is the most important tip. Do not substitute ingredients in recipes like replacing eggs, using all-purpose flour instead of cake flour, baking soda for powder, etc. Each ingredient has a purpose in the recipe.
- If a recipe calls for room temperature ingredients like eggs, cream, butter and milk, follow it strictly. Room temperature ingredients bind easily and quickly when warm and prevent overmixing. Cold ingredients do not emulsify together.
- Measure ingredients correctly. Flour is the worst ingredient. When measuring flour, use a spoon and pour the flour into the measuring cup, and level it with the back of your spoon.
- Do not mix too much or too little. Simply whisk or beat the cake batter until the ingredients are combined. Over-mixing the batter gives the cake a tough texture due to excessive gluten development.
- Ensure the quality of products and utensils. Prepare the cake pan using parchment paper and grease spray or butter. Grease the mold and the parchment. This ensures an ultra non-stick environment for your cake.
- Preheat the oven before you start making your cake. And while the cake is baking, do not open the oven door to continue checking the cake. This lets fresh air in and the temperature change doesn’t let the cake rise.
Read all Latest Lifestyle News and recent news here