Sweet caramel sauce, brown sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips and a touch of sea salt come together to create the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. You won’t be able to resist sticking your hand in the cookie jar with this one!
You can use whatever chocolate chips you prefer, but keep in mind that with the caramel, the cookie is quite sweet. Consider dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips for this salted caramel cookie recipe. (Don’t forget to share with your friends and family!)
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to cool the dough
Cooking time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and a half (approximately)
Servings: Makes 3 dozen
Here’s how to do it:
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Add caramel sauce and stir until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips. Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Slightly flatten the balls.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for about 10-12 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown but centers are soft. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 2 minutes before removing from the baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.