Strawberry shortcake is a classic southern dessert. This easy strawberry shortcake recipe is a creative way to use up those spring and summer strawberries.
This easy cookie recipe is perfect dunked in a glass of milk (maybe strawberry milk?). Be sure to share!
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 to 24 minutes
Total duration: 30 to 34 minutes
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons of yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
Here’s how you do it:
- Combine strawberries, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl. Put aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add heavy cream and stir to combine. Once it looks like cookie dough, stir in the strawberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for approximately 20-24 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to waxed paper.
- For the icing, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour over cooled cookies.
Need help converting cooking and cooking measurements? Here are some practices kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.