This recipe for naturally dairy-free zucchini cookies was shared many years ago in the Salt Lake City Tribune. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy the end of summer until the start of the fall harvest, and we love storing these cookies in lunch boxes. When made with dried cranberries, they also make a fun holiday cookie. They’re made with oil instead of butter and have a soft texture, almost like zucchini bread in a cracker!
Special Dietary Notes: Zucchini Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free/dairy-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For egg-free and vegan zucchini biscuits, see our Guide to Egg Substitutes.
Dairy Free Zucchini Cookies
Author: Marie Lou Kulsick
Type of recipe: Dessert
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup) sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried cranberries, raisins or dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar and oil. Add zucchini and egg and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips and/or nuts, if desired.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set and golden around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a minute, before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Freezing drizzle option: Put ½ cup powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add ⅛ teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of non-dairy milk beverage. Whisk until smooth. Add more milk drink, just about ½ teaspoon, as needed to reach desired consistency.
Portion: 1 cookie calories: 91 Fat: 3.3g Saturated fat: .5g Carbohydrates: 14.7g Sugar: 7.2g Sodium: 105mg Fiber: .5g Protein: 1.2g
More dairy-free cookies inspired by fruits and vegetables
Vegan Sweet Potato Cookies
Big Monkey Cookies