RENO, Nevada (KOLO) – If you think dessert can’t be healthy and always good, then you haven’t tried Betts Baking Company’s RAW Strawberry Cheesecake which is vegan, gluten-free and delicious!
Owner Tracy Betts stopped by Morning Break to share this recipe and talk about all the delicious, guilt-free treats she offers customers.
- 4 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 2/3 cups of strawberries
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 dates
- 3T coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
You will need a 6″ springform pan or an 8×8 baking pan, lined with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the pecans and dates. Pulse until crumbly. Then add the remaining ingredients and blend until sticky and no large lumps remain.
- Press the crust into the pan with your fingers until it is evenly distributed. Put aside
Directions of the crust:
- In a powerful blender, add the coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, coconut oil and cashews. Blend on high for about 2 minutes. The mixture should be smooth.
- Pour about half of the batter over the crust. Tap the counter lightly to release air bubbles.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Add the strawberries to the rest of the batter. Mix well.
- Pour over the vanilla layer.
- Freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
For more from Tracy and Betts Baking Co., follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
Copyright 2022 KOLO. All rights reserved.